Encounter Coaching Certification
We focus on deep transformation--working with desires, beliefs and emotional memories by encountering Jesus--instead of coaching outward behavior. Pioneered by master coach Tony Stoltzfus (an author of a dozen books on coaching who has trained thousands of coaches), this innovative coaching method creates change from the inside-out, not the outside-in.
What You'll Learn
This is a full, rigorous, professional certification program that's affordable, powerful, biblical and unique. Here's some of what you'll learn:
- How to drill down to identify and transform beliefs, emotional memories and desires.
- Coaching the emotional brain as well as the rational.
- How to build life-changing, experiential encounters with Jesus into your coaching sessions.
- Reframing a life story from heaven's perspective with the Seven Frames.
- Quickly creating authentic atmospheres where people go deep.
- How to help coachees engage feedback and conflict situations at the heart level.
- Creating self-awareness of one's heart condition and what drives behavior.
Encounter Coach training is a great value. The certification program includes three powerful, 11 week online workshops with built in follow up, or three in person three-and-half-day workshops with eight weeks of team follow-up after each, all for less than competing programs that offer much less. Each workshop includes an amazing Taste of Heaven experience, lots of practice time, plenty of tools and models, and printed and bound manuals. Workshops are limited to 32 people in each so you'll get to know other coaches and get plenty of personal attention.
We also have some great resources to help you succeed after your training, like complete, royalty-free and online courses you can offer, training aids to help you coach, posters, presentation aids, and much more.
Why Choose Encounter Coach Training?
There are some great reasons to choose our coaching certification program--and some reasons not to! This program can be an excellent choice if:
- You want to coach people's hearts and internal world.
- You want Jesus to be an integral part of your coaching approach--and have Him participate in the coaching conversation!
- You are passionate about transformational change.
- You want a serious, in-depth training program and not a one-weekend training.
- You love training that is in-person, practical, interactive and experiential--and you hate talking heads!
- You want to coach at least part of the time in the ministry world.
- You want an approach to change that is deeply biblical, and not a port from the secular world.
- You want a genuinely life changing training experience.
You may NOT want to choose Encounter Coaching Certification if:
- You want to coach in corporate America (like Fortune 500 companies) or academia--they will probably want an ICF certification.
- You plan to coach mostly in settings where it is inappropriate for God to be part of the conversation.
- You mainly want to coach destiny discovery (that's not part of the curriculum).
- You want business-building to be part of the curriculum (we don't teach that, either).
- You want an-on-line-only program or are unable to travel to attend in-person workshops.